This sauce is both sweet and spicy. To obtain a slightly less spicy sauce, remove the seeds from the peppers.
- All Morita Peppers (I.e. the content of the "orange" bottle)
- 1 cup (250ml) of water
- 3/4 cup (190ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 1 small mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup (90ml) onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of ginger
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of honey
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) of turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of cumin (optional)
Chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Cut the mango into pieces.
In a large skillet, dry roast the hot peppers for 1 to 2 minutes, watching the cooking to avoid burning anything.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and simmer the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes.
Allow the preparation to cool before passing it through a blender. For an even smoother texture, pass the sauce through a sieve.
This sauce can be kept for 3 to 4 weeks in the fridge and can also be frozen. It can be used as a base to adapt according to your taste. Feel free to explore with the flavors by adding other herbs. For each recipe, you can add more water and / or vinegar to make more sauce or to make it more liquid.