Kombucha is an effervescent, tangy tea that’s both delicious and good for you. It’s made by fermenting sugar and tea using a Kombucha culture, which ‘digests’ the sugar in the tea, thus generating the wealth of vitamins, anti-oxidants and probiotics that makes it the nutrient-packed living drink it is. Perfect for beginners, our Kombucha Master Kit with Kombucha Continuous Brew Crock will take your homemade Kombucha to the next level while keeping the process simple. All you need to start your own Kombucha is included – From the SCOBY to flip top bottles, you’ll be able to brew your own Kombucha for years with the same culture from this kit.
This is the first-ever fermentation crock to be designed specifically for Kombucha brewing. It comes complete with its Kombucha culture (SCOBY), tea and sugar and allows you to brew and store your own Kombucha at home. The rewritable label at the top of the crock makes it easy to identify each batch, while the recipe book provides plenty of delicious recipes and inspiration.
- 5L glass jar with silicone sleeve, lid & filter. The interior of all Mortier Pilon crocks and jars is 100% glass, which allows you to see and assess the fermentation process, compared to most available on the market made of ceramic. The white parts on the outside of the crocks and jars are made of non-reactive, BPA-free plastic, and do not come into contact with the food.
- Endlessly reusable SCOBY, with organic cane sugar and black tea.
- A complete recipe book, to browse over 45 fermentation recipes.
- 2 flip top bottles to bring your favorite drink everywhere you go! These bottles are perfect for the secondary fermentation and flavor addition processes.
- Kombucha brewing jar – 5 L
- Kombucha filter
- 45 fermentation recipes Recipe book
- Wax pencil
- Reusable Scoby
- Organic cane sugar (30g)
- Organic black tea (30g)
- 2x flip top bottles
How to Use
- Helping your SCOBY acclimate to its new environment (3 days). Before you can brew your first batch of Kombucha, make sure your SCOBY settles into its new environment or it could result in your colony of microorganisms dying. In order to avoid contamination, it is also key to first clean and sterilize your Mortier Pilon fermentation crock.
- Primary fermentation (2 weeks). Once your SCOBY has settled into its new environment, it can start producing larger quantities of Kombucha. During this first fermentation stage, the SCOBY will feed on sugar and liberate carbon dioxide. The gas will pass through the porous wall of the Mortier Pilon jar, resulting in a still (non-sparkling) drink. With time and as the fermentation process goes on, the drink will become less and less sweet.
- Secondary fermentation and flavor additions. With this step your Kombucha will become fizzy! You can also incorporate new flavors into your brew. There are lots of ways to get creative with your Kombucha! Feel free to use these flavor pairing ideas: Mango & Apricot, Strawberry & Lemonade, Coconut & Pineapple, Ginger & Turmeric, Apple & Cinnamon, Watermelon & Jalapeño, Raspberry & Blueberry, Cherry & Vanilla…
- Continuous brewing. Once a SCOBY is well-settled in its environment, it can continue to grow healthy and provide you with delicious Kombucha! All it requires is that you never completely empty your jar; this way, you’ll preserve an optimal growth environment for your SCOBY. All you need to do next is repeat the fermentation cycle outlined above, using new sweetened tea. As your SCOBY grows, don’t hesitate to cut pieces from it and share them with your friends and family, thus initiating them to Kombucha home brewing!
Find more details and ideas on our Mortier Pilon YouTube channel!
How to Clean
Hand wash with liquid soap and a sponge, air dry. Effortlessly remove the silicone sleeve to wash, simply rinse the filter. DO NOT USE HOT OR BOILING WATER. DO NOT PUT IN THE DISHWASHER
For all orders over US$79, we offer FREE SHIPPING. For other orders, shipping fees are US$9.99. For more details, check our shipping policy.
We gathered all the most common questions here in our FAQ (link to the FAQ)
Want to know who you are buying from? MMTUM is a small company of nice people fueled by Montreal's creative energy to imagine, design and manufacture inspiring products that anticipate the needs of today. We hope you will enjoy our products as much as we love creating them!